Since the beginning of 2014 Armina Janyan (Center for Cognitive Science, New Bulgarian University, Sofia, Bulgaria) is an associate member of the Department of General Linguistics (Faculty of Philology, National research Tomsk State University). She participates actively in the work of the laboratory «The Cognitive Studies for Language».
Participation in the research carried out by the laboratory staff: advice on planning and conducting psycholinguistic experiments, assistance in the statistical processing of the experimental results, and in the preparation of reports and scientific papers on the topic of the project.
The Laboratory was founded on the basis of the Faculty of Philology of TSU in February 2014 after winning the scholarship for the creation of laboratories offered by TSU. Since then, the laboratory has been successfully conducting research the interaction between language and cognition in interlanguage transitions (natural language, natural language subsystems, semiotic systems, including computer semiotic systems).
Participation in the following projects carried out by the laboratory staff:
1. Language, attention, space: a series of experiments with the measurement of reaction time and eye movements (Tsaregorogtseva O.V., Miklashevsky A.A.).
2. Processing of metaphors in the text: experiments with measurement of eye movements (Tsaregorogtseva O.V., Novikova E.G.).
3. Dynamics of activation of grammatical information: «Visual world paradigm», measuring of eye movements (Nagel O.V., Temnikova I.G.).
4. Gender-based impact of grammatical gender on referential choice in the metaphorical transference. The connection between grammatical gender and biological sex: a series of experiments with the measurement of reaction time (Rezanova Z.I., Nekrasova E.D.).
5. The processing of verbal stimuli in terms of intermodal perception and multimodal conflict: a series of experiments with the measurement of reaction time (Nekrasova E.D.).
7. Processing of word morphology in the course of parameterization. Influence of context on the processing of word morphology: a series of experiments with the measurement of reaction time (Rezanova Z.I., Nekrasova E.D.).